Fast Facts: Prostate Cancer
The time has come to abandon the prevalent attitude of nihilism about prostate cancer because, potentially, much suffering could be avoided and many lives saved." So say the world-renowned authors of Fast Facts: Prostate Cancer.
This new edition provides a comprehensive overview of the improved diagnostic testing and better staging techniques that allow practitioners to distinguish the aggressive cancers from those that may not need treatment. It also provides readily accessible information on the rapidly evolving technologies and treatments that are helping to eradicate the cancer whilst minimizing the collateral damage to adjacent structures.
This clearly written and succinct handbook provides an invaluable update on a fast-changing area for all those who provide support and care for men with prostate cancer, from the primary care team to the specialist.
- Epidemiology and pathophysiology
- Diet, lifestyle and chemoprevention
- Screening and presentation
- Prognostic indicators and staging
- Management of localized and high-risk disease
- Managing recurrence after initial therapy
- Management of metastatic disease
- Management of castrate-resistant disease
- Management of treatment complications
- Useful resources
Print, digital and first serialisation rights available for all languanges and all territories.