This volume brings together a variety of issues, methods and market instruments that should prove useful for topics courses, finance and asset management practice, and also foster future research. This collection of contributions is a selected subset of those presented at the XLI Meeting of the EURO Working Group on Financial Modelling, Lisbon, November 2007, and has a rich manifold of applied, theoretical and methodological work:
• Banking, empirical assessment of efficiency and relationship banking;
• Corporate Governance;
• Market Microstructure: liquidity; price limits; volatility;
• Risk: sovereign debt rating; volatility-volume around takeover announcements;
• Multicriteria approach and portfolio selection;
• Modified Tempered Stable Distribution and GARCH modelling.
In sum, this contributed volume, joining many authors from academia and practice on finance, offers a multiplicity of issues and methodology that broadens the knowledge and skills in finance matters and raises research questions for further development.