- Biography & True Stories
- True stories
- True crime
- Crime & mystery
- Classic crime
- Fiction: special features
- Short stories
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- History: earliest times to present day
- 20th century history: c 1900 to c 2000
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Social services & welfare, criminology
- Crime & criminology
- Criminal investigation & detection
- Business, Economics & Law
- Jurisprudence & general issues
- Criminology: legal aspects
- Laws of Specific jurisdictions
- Criminal law & procedure
A Collection of Chilling True Crime Tales
From award winning criminologist R. Barri Flowers and the bestselling author of The Sex Slave Murders 1 & 2, Serial Killer Couples, and Murder of the Banker’s Daughter comes Murder Chronicles, a gripping collection of true crime tales.
The collection includes ten compelling stories of murder, madness, and mayhem that span more than a century of American history and homicidal criminality that will keep you reading from beginning to end.
1. Murder at the Pencil Factory: The Killing of Mary Phagan - 100 Years Later, the brutal murder of a young girl turn locals into vigilantes out for justice.
2. The "Gold Special" Train Robbery: Deadly Crimes of the D'Autremont Brothers, a daring train robbery by a trio of brother bandits goes wrong and turns deadly.
3. Murder of the Banker's Daughter: The Killing of Marion Parker, a brazen abduction of a schoolgirl turns tragic as authorities hunt for the killer.
4. Mass Murder in the Sky: The Bombing of Flight 629, a mother’s Christmas gift turns deadly, exploding in an airliner above Denver, with a domestic terrorist on loose.
5. The Amityville Massacre: The DeFeo Family's Nightmare, family is shot to death by a killer too close to home. Inspiration for The Amityville Horror movies.
6. The Pickaxe Killers: Karla Faye Tucker & Daniel Garrett, pair of killers seek revenge and pay the price themselves.
7. Murderous Tandem: James Gregory Marlow and Cynthia Coffman, two killers pick off victims one by one till brought to justice.
8. Murder in Mission Hill: The Disturbing Tale of Carol Stuart & Charles Stuart, a wife’s murder draws national attention with an unlikely killer on the loose.
9. Murder in Bellevue: The Killing of Alan and Diane Johnson, in a case of parricide, a teenage girl’s obsession turns deadly.
10. Murder of a Star Quarterback: The Tragic Tale of Steve McNair & Sahel Kazemi, adultery, jealousy, fame, and fortune turn deadly for a well-known ex-football great.
Bonus material includes excerpts from bestselling true crime books by R. Barri Flowers, The Sex Slave Murders and Serial Killer Couples.
Worldwide rights available for Print; TV, Film, & Dramatization; First & Second Serialization; Digest, Radio & TV Straight Reading; Book Club; and Large Print
Foreign Language rights worldwide, excluding English, available for Digital and Audio
"Selected as one of Suspense Magazine's Best of 2011 books." -- John Raab, CEO/Publisher on THE SEX SLAVE MURDERS
“A gripping account of the murders committed by husband-and-wife serial killers Gerald and Charlene Gallego." --Gary C. King, true crime author on THE SEX SLAVE MURDERS
“A model of exposition not to be missed by anyone interested in the annals of American criminal behavior.” --Jim Ingraham, Ph.D., professor emeritus of American Studies at Bryant University on THE PICKAXE KILLERS
"Striking, well-written tales sparkle in this ocean of murder." --Diane Fanning, true crime author on MASTERS OF TRUE CRIME
“Exhaustively researched, each storyteller brings their own unique prose to these pages, creating what will soon become a true crime classic." --Kevin M. Sullivan, true crime author on MASTERS OF TUE CRIME
“This book should be a mandatory purchase and read for any true-crime buff.” —Steven A. Egger, PhD, associate professor on MASTERS OF TRUE CRIME
“Incredible cases, psychopathic killers, unwitting victims, along with the very best writers, make for an exciting, no-holds-barred, soon-to-be true-crime classic.” —Dan Zupansky, host of True Murder on MASTERS OF TRUE CRIME
"An indispensable sourcebook for anyone interested in American homicide, from law-enforcement professionals to armchair criminologists." —Harold Schechter, criminologist on THE DYNAMICS OF MURDER
“Vivid case studies of murder to complement this well researched criminology text."—Scott Bonn, Ph.D., criminology professor on THE DYNAMICS OF MURDER
"Formidable combination of criminological expertise and sheer storytelling ability--he is a master of the true-crime genre. "" -- Harold Schechter, true crime historian
"The award winning criminologist and author R. Barri Flowers delivers a powerful and shocking collection of true crime tales in his exciting new book....Well-written and highly entertaining." -- Scott Bonn, criminology professor
"R. Barri Flowers always relates an engrossing story." --Robert Scott, bestselling true crime author
“These riveting tales are R. Barri Flowers at his chilling best. Flowers has shown once again that he's a master at the craft of writing true crime.” – Cathy Scott, bestselling true crime author