Fast Facts: Renal Disorders
Early detection of renal problems coupled with the appropriate therapeutic strategy can radically reduce the progressive nature of, and complications associated with, chronic kidney disease, and in many instances will result in the successful treatment of acute kidney injury. As many patients will not be seen by nephrologists, it is essential that all healthcare professionals, in hospitals and in the community, have an awareness of renal disease – the presenting signs, differential diagnoses, treatment strategies and approach to the management of complications. Fast Facts: Renal Disorders is an easy-to-read, evidence-based guide to renal diseases and disorders for all doctors, nurses and medical students. It includes:
- A clear explanation of proteinuria, hematuria, electrolyte imbalances and acid–base disorders
- A concise summary of kidney function tests, imaging techniques and biopsy
- Important questions for prompt diagnosis of acute kidney injury
- Management options for chronic kidney disease and its complications
- Practical guidance on the most common renal problems, including glomerulonephritis, systemic disease, UTIs and kidney stones
Written by three specialists of international repute, Fast Facts: Renal Disorders provides the key information required for the optimal care of renal patients. This fully updated second edition will help healthcare professionals assess, identify, treat and refer patients with renal problems appropriately. Directly applicable to the clinical setting, it is essential reading for all primary care providers, junior hospital doctors, specialist trainees, renal nurses and medical students.
- Proteinuria, hematuria and renal investigations
- Electrolyte disturbances and acid-base disorders
- Acute renal failure
- Chronic kidney disease
- Hypertension and diabetic nephropathy
- Systemic disease
- Inherited kidney diseases
- Urinary tract infections
- Kidney stones
- Urinary tract obstruction tumors
- Renal replacement therapy and renal transplantation
- Useful resources
Print, digital and first serialisation rights available for all languanges and all territories.
Please wait while the payment is being prepared.
Do not close this window.