Data Modeling Made Simple with PowerDesigner
Data Modeling Made Simple with PowerDesigner will provide the business or IT professional with a practical working knowledge of data modeling concepts and best practices, and how to apply these principles with PowerDesigner.
You'll build many PowerDesigner data models along the way, increasing your skills first with the fundamentals and later with more advanced feature of PowerDesigner. This book combines real-world experience and best practices to help you master the following ten objectives:
This book has ten key objectives for you, the reader:
- You will know when a data model is needed and which PowerDesigner models are the most appropriate for each situation
- You will be able to read a data model of any size and complexity with the same confidence as reading a book
- You will know when to apply and how to make use of all the key features of PowerDesigner
- You will be able to build, step-by-step in PowerDesigner, a pyramid of linked data models, including a conceptual data model, a fully normalized relational data model, a physical data model, and an easily navigable dimensional model
- You will be able to apply techniques such as indexing, transforms, and forward engineering to turn a logical data model into an efficient physical design
- You will improve data governance and modeling consistency within your organization by leveraging features such as PowerDesigner’s reference models, Glossary, domains, and model comparison and model mapping techniques
- You will know how to utilize dependencies and traceability links to assess the impact of change
- You will know how to integrate your PowerDesigner models with externally-managed files, including the import and export of data using Excel and Requirements documents
- You will know where you can take advantage of the entire PowerDesigner model set, to increase the success rate of corporate-wide initiatives such as business intelligence and enterprise resource planning (ERP)
- You will understand the key differentiators between PowerDesigner and other data modeling tools you may have used before
World rights available.
Please wait while the payment is being prepared.
Do not close this window.