Fast Facts: Obesity
“Not to broach the subject of excess weight with a patient is a dereliction of duty as a healthcare professional,” say the authors of Fast Facts: Obesity. “Patients who smoke are rapidly identified for intervention, and the same should be true of anyone who is obese”
Every consultation is an opportunity to educate and encourage patients to pursue better health. Fast Facts: Obesity is packed with practical advice on how best to support patients to improve their nutrition and levels of physical activity, and change their habits, with simple and achievable goals tailored to individual needs and concerns.
- • Patient assessment
- • Causes and science
- • Cardiometabolic consequences
- • Other consequences
- • Management: diet
- • Management: physical activity
- • Management: behavioral therapy
- • Pharmacological and surgical treatments
- • Children, the elderly and pregnant women
- • Management tools, prevention and advocacy
- Useful resources
Print, digital and first serialisation rights available for all languanges and all territories.