- Rights Information
EEO Law and Personnel Practices
This second edition of the practical and well-designed EEO Law and Personnel Practices has been completely revised and updated in line with the latest developments in US law, including the new Americans with Disabilities Act.
Arthur Gutman provides a framework for understanding all federal EEO laws by addressing the following questions:
- What classes of people are protected (or, have rights)?
- What business entities are covered (or, have duties)?
- What employment practices are covered?
- Is the law administered, and if so, how?
- What are the penalties (or, remedies) for breaking the law?
- What judicial scenarios are used in litigation?
The author not only makes the reader aware of the laws and the applicable defenses, but also provides an understanding of the reasons underlying them. Nearly all chapters conclude with a section on compliance.