- Sales Information
• Covers all the common conflict scenarios at home and at work
• The most accessible and practical book about conversation on the market, with a uniquely clear page design that makes conversational case studies and key points even easier to follow
• Offers advice for personal and professional conversations, whether they are held verbally or digitally
'Blamestorming provides highly practical tools to advance our psychological evolution through being cooperative rather than competitive in our communication.' - Sir John Whitmore, author of the bestselling Coaching for Performance
'I recommend Rob's book to anyone who wants to communicate more effectively.' - Linda Blair, clinical psychologist, author, columnist, broadcaster
Why Conversations Go Wrong and How to Fix Them
Do your disagreements always escalate into rows? Do you have to deal with an angry spouse, a difficult teenager, unfocused colleagues or a stressed boss? In this uniquely practical guide to good conversation, communications expert Rob Kendall draws on 20 years plus of study and coaching experience to reveal:
• How survival instincts take over and derail conversations at the worst moments
• How to avoid conversations escalating into destructive arguments
• How to prepare for and conduct challenging conversations
• How to avoid defensiveness and emotional lockdown
• How to read the warning signals that a conversation is going off-track
This is the most accessible in-depth book about communication on the market, using case studies and and exceptionally clear page design to dissect examples of problematic conversations, as well as easy-to-absorb concepts such as the Bad Place and the Lock Down. Short digestible chapters look at all the conversational scenarios you will encounter, showing how to have rewarding interactions with everyone in your life – including your colleagues, boss, neighbours, parents and children. Through his coaching work, Rob has used the techniques in Blamestorming to help many thousands of people from all walks of life – now you too can benefit from his simple yet highly effective approach.
Over the last 20 years Rob Kendall has become an international expert in the field of communication, working with tens of thousands of people – both in public programmes and with business leaders – on every continent. He has worked with over 60 organisations, including the 2012 London Olympics, American Express, BBC Worldwide, the FTSE Group, Société Générale, Virgin and Zurich Banking. He has also worked with sports professionals, co-founded a technology company and has been a professional artist with work sold in 24 countries. His aim is that one day every child will learn the art of conversation as part of the school curriculum.
For more information see: www.robkendall.co.uk